Digital Skills Employability Programme
Caudwell Children are offering an opportunity for young people with autism to join our Digital Skills ten (10) week programme that is aimed at upskilling and introducing you to the world of work within the digital industry.
Digital skills offers a range of benefits to people with Autism to:
- Raise your skills, aspirations and confidence
- Build your practical and digital skills
- High quality work experience in a digital environment
- Better understand the world of employment
- Progress into paid work
- Flexible to meet the needs of the learner
What the programme offers
The Digital skills programme will be tailored into the unique needs of the learner:
- Enrolment and induction
- Pre-Work placement preparation
- Full time skills programme
- Individual development of employment and digital skills
- Practical on-the-job learning in a high quality work experience placement
- Clear records of achievement and regular reviews of progress
Sustainability tracking – combined working with the learner and employer to ensure placements are successful.
How do I join the programme?
To join the programme, simply complete the registration form below and a member of our team will be in touch. However, please note that we can only accept applicants that fit with the following criteria:
- Autism/ASD diagnosis – If undiagnosed may able to be referred via health professional to other Caudwell service for assessment
- Ages 18-25 – (25 oldest age at the start of the programme)
- Working at least Level 1 – English and Maths – assessment if qualification isn’t available
- Ability to travel independently within their local areas or support to do this.
- Familiar skills with computers including the use of software’s such as Microsoft office – Digital skills assessment included
- Availability for a full time programme – Monday to Friday for 10 weeks
- Access to a computer and Internet
- Wants to work within the digital industry with job roles such as:
- Data inputting
- Coding and Logic
- Cloud and Infrastructure
- Cyber Security
- Digital Marketing
- You live in a WMCA post code:
LEGAL ADVICE & SUPPORT
Our official legal partners, Irwin Mitchell, provides access to medical care, rehabilitation and support to children with disability.
As a long-time supporter of Caudwell Children and families with disability, Irwin Mitchell has helped countless parents achieve the best possible outcome for their child. You can make a free, no-obligation enquiry with a member of their dedicated team of solicitors or read more about the services they provide: